eBanking & Mobile Bank Passcode
You'll use a four digit passcode, created by you, to log in to eBanking and/or the Mobile Bank app, along with your eight digit user ID.
Setting up your new passcode
When you first register for eBanking we’ll send you an eight digit user id and a four digit temporary PIN via letter. When you are logging on to eBanking for the first time, or have ordered a new passcode, you will have to change the temporary PIN we’ve sent you to a four digit passcode of your choice. Choose something you can remember, which cannot easily be guessed and isn't too simple, such as 1111, 4444, 1234.
This will become the passcode you will use each time you log on to eBanking and/or the Mobile Bank app.
Changing your current passcode
If you want to change your passcode and you know your current passcode, you can do so in desktop eBanking but not on the Mobile Bank app.
Make sure you choose a new passcode that you will remember. If you try to log on to eBanking or the Mobile Bank app unsuccessfully five times in a row, using your old passcode for example, your account will be blocked and you’ll need to contact Customer Support to have the block lifted.
How you change your passcode
- Log on to desktop eBanking
- Choose “About eBanking” in the top right hand corner, then choose “Settings”.
- Choose "Access ID" in the drop down menu and click "Change passcode"
- Type in your current passcode.
- Type in a new passcode
- Repeat it and click "OK".
What to do if someone knows your passcode
Only you should have access to your eBanking passcode. If you suspect that somebody else knows your passcode, you must block it as soon as possible. This ensures that your account and information is kept secure.
How to block your passcode
- If you are able to access your eBanking right away, you can change your current passcode from the settings menu. This will instantly block your previous passcode.
- If you are unable to access eBanking, you must order a new passcode immediately. You can do this by contacting the Bank on 0345 603 1534 or +44 (0)28 9004 9219 if you are calling from outside the UK.
In each case it may be beneficial to contact us and explain what has happened. An advisor will be happy to assist you where necessary.
What to do if you forget your passcode
If we hold a valid mobile number for you we can send you a temporary PIN by SMS. If we do not hold a mobile number, we can register a number for you however you must then wait 48 hours before a temporary PIN can be sent to that mobile number. You can also call into any of our branches to receive a new temporary PIN right away. In some circumstances, we may need to issue your temporary PIN by letter and you can expect to receive this within 5 – 7 days.
Once you receive your temporary PIN you’ll need to log on to desktop eBanking in order to create a new four digit passcode.
If you use the Mobile Bank app for your day to day banking, you will still need to log on to desktop eBanking initially to create a new four digit passcode in order to gain access to the Mobile Bank app.
If you’ve forgotten your user id, contact eBanking Customer Support on the number above to have you user id provided over the phone.
Follow the steps below to create a new passcode and get logged back on.
To create a new passcode using a temporary PIN:
- Choose 'Log on' at the top right hand corner of the website and click 'eBanking'
- Enter your 8 digit user ID and enter the 4 digit temporary PIN into the ‘Passcode’ field. Click Continue.
- You’ll be asked to activate your logon details and change your temporary PIN to a new 4 digit passcode which only you know. Click the final link which relates to ‘If you have received a new passcode only’ and states ‘Enter temporary passcode and set new passcode’.
- Enter your 8 digit user ID and 4 digit temporary PIN again. Click Continue.
- Create your own 4 digit passcode, repeat the passcode and select ‘Set passcode’. Remember to choose something which cannot easily be guessed and isn't too simple, such as 1111, 4444, 1234. You’ll see a confirmation screen that your passcode has now been changed.
- Click ‘Continue to log on’ which will redirect you to the log on page.
- Log on again, this time using the 4 digit passcode you set in the steps above and click ‘Continue’.
- If you use our security app, Danske ID, you’ll be asked to approve your log on using Danske ID. Click ‘Send’. Open the Danske ID app and swipe to approve the logon to eBanking. You should see confirmation that the log on has been approved.
- If you use an eSafeID device, select the eSafeID tab, click the button on your device, key in the 6 digit code displayed on screen and select ‘Continue’. You’re now logged on.
To update your passcode on the Mobile Bank app:
- Open the app and enter your user ID.
- Enter your 4 digit passcode that you have reset on eBanking.
- You’ll be prompted to bind your device using the Danske ID app. Select ‘Bind’ and then select ‘OK’ to send an approval to Danske ID.
- Open the Danske ID app and enter the PIN you set for Danske ID (or if you registered your fingerprint or face ID, log on using these methods).
- Swipe to approve the log on to Mobile Bank.
- Return to the Mobile Bank app and your log on is complete.