Good to know
- You can invest for fixed terms of as little as one month or as long as five years.
- Or you choose an end date that suits you between one month and five years.
- You can save as much as you like.
- You can ask for your money to automatically reinvest into a new Danske Fixed Term Deposit at the end of your term.
- You can have more than one account.
- If you have eBanking, you can open an account online in your own name (not all fixed terms are available over eBanking and the maximum deposit is limited to £1,000,000).
Need to know
- You must be 18 or over to open this account.
- The interest rate is fixed for your chosen term and interest is paid when your term ends (known as ‘maturity date’).
- The minimum amount required to open and maintain the account is £5,000. You can only put money into this account on the day it’s opened or, if you choose to reinvest for another term, on the business day before your existing term ends.
- You must have a Danske current account or an instant access savings account (excluding Cash ISA), for the whole term of your Fixed Term Deposit account.
- You can normally only withdraw money on the maturity date –see below for exceptions.
You can invest for a term of:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 9 months
- 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years
Withdrawals - exceptional circumstances
In exceptional circumstances you may apply to us in writing to close or take money out of the account early. If we approve your application, the money will be taken out or the account will be closed on the date the application is approved.
Please note that cancellation rights under the FCA’s Banking Conduct of Business Rules don’t apply to this account. You won’t have the right to cancel the agreement once the fixed term has started.