Good to know
- Free Pondus the Penguin money box
- You can pay in and withdraw your money at any of our branches
- If you open the account on behalf of a child you can access the account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via eBanking, our apps or 24 Hour Telephone Banking.
- Withdraw your money whenever you need it
- You can pay in as much as you like, whenever you like
Need to know
- Available to children aged 10 or under only
- You can open the account with a minimum of £1. There is no maximum balance
- You can open a Junior Savings Account in your name on behalf of a child aged 10 or under or if the child is aged between 7 and 10, in their own name
- You can withdraw up to your available balance at your branch and up to £1,000 per day at any other Danske Bank branch
Take your penguin home
Pondus loves coins - big or small, he'll take them all.
You can give him as much or as little money as you like.
When he's full, treat yourself to something special. Or bring the coins into your local Danske Bank branch.
Did you know?
Pondus is named after a real penguin that lived in Copenhagen Zoo in the 1960s. Pondus, wearing a red scarf, appeared in a series of children's books and has been used as Danske Bank's moneybox mascot since 1967. Pondus swam over to Northern Ireland in 2009, and if you have a Junior Savings Account, you'll get to take him home.