Why choose us?
- Interest only payments while you complete the build
- Funds released in stages, meaning you only pay interest on what you've used
- No early repayment charge and no restriction on overpayments
- We can lend you as little as £10,000
- You can repay the loan over 6-18 months
Things you need to know
- Once you've completed your build you must repay the loan using a mortgage or your own funds
- Your home is security for your mortgage and you may also need to provide other security
- We charge a fee for this product
- Your repayments may go up as well as down
- Whether we provide credit depends on your circumstances and you must be 18 or over - lending terms and conditions apply
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage
Helpful guides for self build customers
Ask us more or book an appointment
Chat with us
We have introduced a Virtual Assistant to help with your query. This is new for Danske Bank and we are still adding more topics to make the experience better.
Please note: This is not a live agent. If your query is urgent please contact us by phone.Start virtual assistant
Other important information
- You’ll need a servicing account if you don’t have a current account with us already.
- Not a portable loan.
- The bank only provides mortgages in sterling and will not consider Self Build Home Loan applications where the applicant’s income is in another currency.
Terms and conditions
- When the build is complete, if you decide not to convert to a Danske Bank residential repayment mortgage you will be required to repay the outstanding capital to us.
- You will have to pay for an independent professional valuation. We will arrange this for you.
- You may have to pay fees such as legal charges, which are not paid through us.
- You must have adequate buildings insurance in place on your property. You do not have to arrange this through us.
- For full details on charges please see our Tariff of Mortgage Charges.
- For further conditions please see our Home Loan General Offer Conditions.