Danske ID will work on devices that support iOS 12 or Android 8.
What is it used for?
Danske ID forms part of your secure digital signature - information that helps the Bank to recognise that it’s you online.
It lets you:
- log on to eBanking
- approve payments in eBanking
- set up and amend standing orders in eBanking
- approve transfers of £1,000 or more on your Danske Mobile Bank app
- 'bind' (trust) the device you use for mobile banking.
- approve card payments online, keeping you even more secure. Find out more.
How to get started
You need to be registered for eBanking before you can activate Danske ID.
If you aren't registered for eBanking, you can register using our online form.
You can only use the Danske ID app on a smartphone or tablet. It cannot be used on a desktop or laptop device.
1. Go to your app store, search for ‘Danske ID’ or use the links below to download the app.
2. Activate the Danske ID app by following the instructions on-screen. You'll need your eBanking User ID and Passcode handy. If you can't remember these, you can contact Customer Support on 0345 603 1534 or +442890049219 if calling from outside the UK. Lines are open Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat & Sun 9am-5pm.
Our activation guide takes you through the steps, or watch our video guide.
3. Once you've activated Danske ID, we will tell you when you need to open it - then all you have to do is slide the button to approve!
If you are using the Mobile Bank app for the first time, or for the first time on a new device, you will be asked to 'bind' our Mobile Bank app to that device. Simply put, the first time you use the app on a new device, we will ask you for additional security to check that it is you using it.
Once we have that security, we can 'bind' or trust that device when you use it in future.
You can bind the Mobile Bank app to a maximum of 3 devices however you can only use the Danske ID app on one device at a time.
When you're asked to bind our Mobile Bank app to your device you will be directed to use Danske ID to verify it's you.Danske ID Mobile Bank app binding guide
Card payment FAQs
This service may be temporarily unavailable when we are carrying out routine maintenance.
Keeping you safe online
Our digital banking systems are secure, but you can find out more about common scams, get advice on how you can keep yourself and your family safe from fraud and learn how security systems work on our Keep it safe page.