Good to know
- A simple bank account designed to meet your needs if you do not already have a bank account
- Features a Debit Mastercard and access to eBanking
- Set up direct debits and standing orders free of charge
Need to know
- You must be 18 or over
- Not available if you have a current account with us or any other bank, or have or need an overdraft or any other borrowing facility
- No overdraft or chequebook
A contactless Debit Mastercard
You can use your debit card online, in store and at any cash machine showing the Mastercard logo. Contactless technology allows you to spend up to £30 in store with a simple tap of your card – perfect for when you are in a rush.
Find out more
Text and email alerts to get updates on your account balance
If you use eBanking, we can give you information about your balance by email or text message. With this service, you decide the type of alerts you receive (for example, if you want to receive alerts when your balance is low or when you receive a payment).
Find out more
Easy access to your account with eBanking and Mobile Bank apps
As well as banking face-to-face at a branch, you can now take care of your finances in more ways than before with our online, mobile and tablet banking solutions and services.
Find out more
Free cash withdrawals at any Post Office® counter
You can use your Debit Mastercard to withdraw and pay in cash, and check the balance of your accounts, at over 400 branches of the Post Office®.
- Danske Standard is not a fee-free basic bank account. For more information about fee-free basic bank accounts, visit the Money Advice Service website
- You can apply through this website.
- If you are new to Danske Bank, you need to live in Northern Ireland.
- If you are already a Danske Bank customer, you need to live in the UK.
- You can have one Danske Standard account in just your name, and one in joint names. You cannot have more than two Danske Standard accounts.
- You will be sent a statement at least every 6 months. With eBanking, you can ask us to make your statements available electronically rather than as paper copies.
- Take a look at our personal account interest rates leaflet for information on our interest rates.
- There are limits on the number of free withdrawals and cheque payments you can make over the counter at our branches. A Fee Information Document is available which will provide you with a list of fees for using the main services linked to this account. It will help you compare these fees with those of other accounts. An explanation of the terms, and their definitions, used in the Fee Information Document is available in this Glossary. Full details of fees and charges can be found in our Fees and service charges explained leaflet.
A range of charging scenarios is available to show you the charges you will be expected to pay if you try to spend money that isn't in your account and you haven't arranged an overdraft, or if you spend money that takes your account into unarranged overdraft.
Information on how to reduce or avoid fees, charges and interest is available. Follow the link to read our recommended steps.
- Full terms and conditions apply.