You cannot open a Danske Standard account if you:
- Are under 18
- Already have a current account;
- Need an overdraft; or
- Are borrowing or need to borrow money
Other things you need to know
- Danske Standard is not a fee-free basic bank account. For more information about fee-free basic bank accounts, visit the Moneyhelper website
- You can have one Danske Standard account in just your name, and one in joint names. You cannot have more than two Danske Standard accounts.
- There are limits on the number of free cash withdrawals over the counter at our branches.
Ready to open a Danske Standard account?
To apply for this account:
- If you are a new Danske Bank customer, you must be living in Northern Ireland
- If you are already a Danske Bank customer, you must be living in the UK
- You must be at least 18 years old
Important information about this account
- Terms and conditions of this account
- Personal account interest rates – this will give you interest rates for this account
- Fee information document – this will help you compare fees for this account with other accounts
- How to reduce or avoid fees, charges and interest
- Glossary – an explanation of the terms used in all our documents
- Our app is available to our customers who use eBanking and use an iOS or Android device
Switching a current account to Danske Bank is a free, quick and simple process
With the Current Account Switch Service, the switch is guaranteed to be completed within seven business days.
To apply for a Danske Standard account, please confirm that you meet the following criteria:
- I don't already have a current account; or I have a current account and want to switch it to a Danske Standard account (in which case we'll arrange for your credit balance and any direct debits or standing orders to be automatically switched over and your old account will be closed); and
- I don't have an overdraft or any credit cards, personal loans or mortgages.
Sorry, you don't meet the criteria to apply for this account. You can find details of accounts you may be eligible to apply for through the link below