A bank account for children and teens aged 11 to 17.
Just right for when it's time to start managing your own money.
All the tools to manage your own money...
- Buy things in shops or online, and withdraw cash with your own contactless Debit Mastercard.
- Check your account and manage your money with eBanking and the Mobile Bank app.
- Buy things with your smart phone or watch.
- Freeze and unfreeze your card in the app if you misplace it.
- Set up Direct Debits or standing orders to pay bills like your gym membership.
- There is no overdraft; you can only spend what you have in your account.
- Open a Discovery Savings Account and you can also save money for those bigger things...
And some parental controls...
- Our Mobile Bank app, some smart phone and smart watch apps are available to customers aged 13 or over. You might need your parent's or guardian's permission.
- For children under 16, a parent's or guardian's permission is needed to:
- register for eBanking; and
- use the Debit Mastercard to make payments in store and online. A spending limit can also be placed on these payments.
When you turn 18, we will change the account to a Danske Freedom current account. You won't need to do anything, and your account number and regular payments will stay the same.
Important information about the Danske Discovery current account
- Terms and conditions of this account
- Personal account interest rates – this will give you interest rates for this account
- Fee information document – this will help you compare fees for this account with other accounts.
- Glossary – an explanation of the terms used in all our documents
- Our app is available to our customers who use eBanking and use an iOS or Android device
Ready to open a Danske Discovery account?
Applying is easy… remember
- If you are an existing Danske Bank customer, you must be resident in the United Kingdom
- If you are not an existing Danske Bank customer, you must be resident in Northern Ireland
Applying in branch or by phone
11 to 15 year olds
You can open an account in any branch. A parent or guardian will need to come with you when you open your account and you’ll need to bring:
- Proof of identity and
- Proof of your parent/guardian’s identity and address.
16 to 17 year olds
You can open an account in any branch. You don’t need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian . You’ll need to bring:
- Proof of identity and
- Proof of address (such as a letter from your school or college) or any of the examples provided on our Become a Customer webpage.
If you want to open an account by phone, your parent or guardian will have to do this for you.
To find out more or to make an appointment please phone us on 0800 660 033.