Good to know
- Danske Discovery is a current account designed for 11- to 17-year-olds, just without an overdraft.
- You get a contactless Debit Mastercard which you can use to withdraw money at a cash machine, or to pay for things in shops and online.
- You can keep an eye on your money 24 hours a day, seven days a week, through eBanking and our Mobile Bank App.
- You can pay money into your account at any of our branches or at a Post Office®.
- And, you can link your card to your phone to use Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
- You can register for Paym through our Mobile Bank App, so you can send or receive money using just a mobile number.
Need to know
- You need to be 13 or older to download apps. So you can’t use our Mobile Bank App, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Paym until you are 13.
- You need to have registered for eBanking to download our Mobile Bank App.
- There are a few controls on some services. If you are under 16, you’ll need a parent's or guardian's permission to:
- register for eBanking; and
- be able to use your Debit Mastercard to make payments.
- Your parent or guardian can open an account for you online and by phone.
- You can open an account in any branch – you’ll just need to bring along ID.
A contactless Debit Mastercard
You can use your debit card online, in store and at any cash machine showing the Mastercard logo. Contactless technology allows you to spend up to £30 in store with a simple tap of your card – perfect for when you are in a rush.
Find out more
Text and email alerts to get updates on your account balance
If you use eBanking, we can give you information about your balance by email or text message. With this service, you decide the type of alerts you receive (for example, if you want to receive alerts when your balance is low or when you receive a payment).
Find out more
Easy access to your account with eBanking and Mobile Bank apps
As well as banking face-to-face at a branch, you can now take care of your finances in more ways than before with our online, mobile and tablet banking solutions and services.
Find out more
Free cash withdrawals at any Post Office® counter
You can use your Debit Mastercard to withdraw and pay in cash, and check the balance of your accounts, at over 400 branches of the Post Office®.
- You must open the account in just your name. We do not accept joint applications.
- We will send you a statement at least every six months. With eBanking, you can ask us to send your statements electronically rather than as paper copies.
- Take a look at our personal account interest rates leaflet for information on our interest rates.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Apple Pay and Samsung Pay are available on selected devices. The standard limit on contactless payments applies, unless the person you are paying says otherwise.
- A Fee Information Document is available which will provide you with a list of fees for using the main services linked to this account. It will help you compare these fees with those of other accounts. An explanation of the terms, and their definitions, used in the Fee Information Document is available in this Glossary.
- Apple, the Apple logo and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the US and other countries.
- To use Paym, you need to download the Danske Mobile Bank App and register your mobile phone. Paym is a registered trademark and is used under licence from the Mobile Payments Service Company Ltd.
- Danske Mobile Bank App is available on iOS and Android devices.