Good to know
- Danske Discovery is a fully functioning current account designed for 11 to 17 year olds, just without an overdraft facility.
- You get a Debit Mastercard which you can use to withdraw money at a cash machine, or to pay for things in shops and online.
- You can keep an eye on your money 24 hours a day, seven days a week through eBanking and our Mobile Bank App.
- You can lodge money into your account at any of our branches or in the Post Office®.
- And, you can link your card to your phone to use Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
- You can register for Paym through our Mobile Bank App. So you can send or receive money using just a mobile number.
Need to know
- You need to be 13 or above to download apps. This means you can’t use our Mobile Bank App, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Paym until you reach 13 years old.
- You need to have registered for eBanking to download our Mobile Bank App.
- There are a few controls on some services. If you are under 16 years old, you’ll need parent or guardian permission to;
- register for eBanking and;
- use your Debit Mastercard for online or in-store purchases.
- Your parent or guardian can open an account for you online and by phone.
- You can open an account in any branch – you’ll just need to bring along ID.
Easy access to your account with eBanking and Mobile Bank apps
As well as banking face-to-face at a branch, you can now take care of your finances in more ways than before with our online, mobile and tablet banking solutions and services.
Find out more
Text and email alerts to get updates on your account balance
If you use eBanking, we can give you information about your balance by email or text message. With this service, you decide the type of alerts you receive (for example, if you want to receive alerts when your balance is low or when you receive a payment).
Find out more
- You must open the account in just your name. We do not accept joint applications.
- You will be sent a statement at least every 6 months. With eBanking, you can ask us to make your statements available electronically rather than as paper copies.
- Take a look at our personal account interest rates leaflet for information on our interest rates.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Apple Pay and Samsung Pay are available on selected devices. Standard contactless limit applies unless otherwise stated by the merchant.
- Apple the Apple logo and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
- To use Paym, you need to download the Danske Mobile Bank App and register your mobile phone. Paym is a registered trademark and is used under licence from the Mobile Payments Service Company Ltd.
- Danske Mobile Bank App is available on iOS & Android devices.