What if my Danske Mastercard is lost or stolen?
You can block lost, stolen or damaged cards via ebanking, mobile/tablet app, by calling us or in person in a local branch.
There is a £7.00 fee when ordering a replacement card. Please ensure you have enough funds in your account as the fee will be debited once the order is place.
Please note that if you think you are at risk of potentially unauthorised transactions or fraud, we recommend calling us immediately on 0800 032 4368.
Here’s how to block your card via ebanking:
- Log on to eBanking
- Select ‘Cards and currency’
- Click on ‘Card overview’
- Select the card you want to cancel and select ‘block card’
- Fill in the form and click OK
- We’ll then ask you for your password.
(And here’s how to reorder a new one. Steps 1-3 are the same as blocking)
- Select the card you wish to reorder and click ‘reorder card’
- Click OK
- We’ll then ask you for your password.
Here’s how to block your card via the App:
- Log on
- Go to the ‘Overview’ page
- Tap ‘Cards’ in the top menu
- Tap the card you want to block
- Tap ‘Block card temporarily’ from the menu
- Tap ‘Block card’ located at the bottom of the screen
To order a new one, tap ‘Replace card’ from the card menu and follow the instructions.
Who do I contact if I have a query about my Debit Mastercard?
How is my Danske Mastercard protected online?
Strong Customer Authentication gives you greater protection when you’re shopping online with your Danske Mastercard.
Online retailers may ask you for one of two methods to approve online purchases; our security app, Danske ID or a password you create, used alongside the six digit one time passcode which we currently text you.
You must use one of these methods in order to make an online payment from 14th March 2022.
Learn more about strong customer authentication.
What are contactless payments?
Contactless technology uses a chip embedded in your card that allows you to make purchases of £100 and under without having to enter your PIN, by simply holding your card next to the sales terminal.
How can I change my contactless transaction limit?
You may not be aware that from 15 October 2021, you can change your own contactless transaction limit!
Your card will have a default limit of £100. You can change this through our Mobile Bank app, by calling us, or by visiting any branch.
To do this on the Mobile Bank app, log on and navigate to the ‘Cards’ tab along the top. Select the card you’d like to change the limit for then select Card settings from the menu. Click on ‘Spending limits’ and select ‘Contactless Limit (per transaction)’, you can now select a limit of your choice from £0-£100, when ready select ‘Done’ to save your changes.
Can I use my Debit Mastercard to make lodgements?
Yes, in any Danske Bank branch and also in any participating Post Office in the UK. Find more information on our Post Office service page.
How can I use my card securely outside the UK?
When we send you a new card, it’s set to work in the UK and on the internet only. This helps protect you against fraud.
But when you leave the UK, you don’t need to tell us in advance– just use your PIN when you arrive at your destination. This will activate your card in that country and lets us know it’s you using the card. When you get home again, use your PIN when you make your first purchase to reactivate your card for the UK.
Read more about going abroad and managing where you can use your cards.
Where can I see the full terms and conditions for my Debit Mastercard?
You can download and view the terms and conditions here.
How can I dispute a credit or debit card transaction?
If there is something wrong with a recent purchase made with your Danske Mastercard, we may be able to help you dispute the card transaction.
The first step before you raise a dispute is to contact the retailer. If you have contacted the retailer and the issue has not been resolved you can raise a dispute. If we can resolve your case we can charge back (refund) to your debit or credit card. For more detail see our card disputes page.
My card is due to expire soon when will my new card be issued?
If your card is due to expire, you should receive your new card by the middle of the month in which it is due to expire.
For example, if your card's expiry date is 12/22 (December 2022), you should receive your new card by the middle of December 2022 and your current card will not expire until the end of December.
How long will it take for my replacement card to arrive?
Replacement cards (as a result of a card being lost or stolen) should arrive within 5 - 7 days, by first class post. If you haven’t received your card within 5 - 7 days, please contact our Card Services team on 0370 850 2481 or +44 2890 049201 if you are calling from outside the UK.
Where can I find my card PIN?
If you use our Mobile Bank app:
- You can view your PIN in the app anytime
- If you have ordered a new or replacement card, with a new PIN, you can view this in the app the day after the card is ordered. You won't receive a PIN letter in the post if you use the app
- For renewal or replacement cards only, your PIN will remain unchanged
To view your PIN on the Mobile Bank app:
- Log on to the App
- Tap the ‘Cards’ option along the top menu
- Select the card you wish to view the PIN for (if more than one card is available)
- Tap ‘view PIN’.
- Enter your passcode which you use to log on to the Mobile Bank app.
- Press ‘Hold to see PIN’ to reveal your 4 digit card PIN.
If you don’t use the Mobile Bank app, your PIN will be sent by letter and should arrive within 3-5 days of receiving your debit or credit card.
How do I activate my credit or debit card?
You can activate your Danske Bank credit or debit card in one of three ways:
- Use it with the correct PIN in a shop's card terminal, at a cash machine or in your local Post Office
- Log on to our Mobile Bank App, tap 'Cards' and then select the card you want to activate (however you’ll still need to insert your card and enter your PIN in order to activate contactless)
- Log on to eBanking and select 'Cards and currency' - ' Card overview' and click the arrow beside the card you want to activate (however you’ll still need to insert your card and enter your PIN in order to activate contactless)
For more information, visit our Card Activation page.
Can I set or adjust a spending limit on my debit card?
If you are over 16 years old at the time of opening your account, no spending limit is applied to your debit card unless specifically requested. This means that there will be no daily restriction on how much you can spend in shops and online, subject to the funds being available in your account including any arranged overdraft.
You can apply for a spending limit to be set which means a daily restriction will be placed on your debit card to limit the amount that you can spend each day. To request a spending limit contact our Card Services team on 0370 850 2481 or call into your local branch.
If you are under 16, you cannot use your debit card in shops or online unless your parent or guardian consents to this.
The spending limit doesn’t apply to withdrawals at a cash machine. Find more information on cash and ATM withdrawal limits.