With fuel costs at their highest in years, you might want to reconsider how you travel:
- Walk or cycle where possible. If you are considering cycling to work, ask your employer about whether they are part of a cycle to work scheme.
- Check the cost of public transport, as it may be a cheaper option. Booking tickets in advance or buying journeys in bulk or on Translink’s mLink app can all help keep the cost down too.
- Don’t make unnecessary journeys - can you do your grocery shopping on the way home from work instead of making a journey?
- Share lifts for trips where possible.
- Look for better deals on insurance by shopping around or challenging companies to provide a better quote – they often do.