Why choose us?
- Designed to help you keep costs to a minimum during the build period
- No early repayment charge and no restriction on overpayments
- We can lend you as little as £10,000
- You can repay the loan over 6-18 months
Things you need to know
- Whether we provide credit depends on your circumstances and you must be 18 or over - lending terms and conditions apply
- Your home is security for your mortgage and you may also need to provide other security
- When the build is complete you’ll need to take out a mortgage or repay the loan
- We charge a fee for this product
- Your repayments may go up as well as down
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage
Helpful guides for self build customers
Other important information
- You will need to service your mortgage from a Danske Bank personal current account.
- Not a portable loan.
- The bank only provides mortgages in sterling and will not consider Self Build Home Loan applications where the applicant’s income is in another currency.
Terms and conditions
- If you choose a Self Build Home Loan, meeting the terms and conditions of your mortgage contract does not ensure repayment of the total amount of credit.
- When the build is complete, if you decide not to convert to a Danske Bank residential repayment mortgage you will be required to repay the outstanding capital to us.
- You will have to pay for an independent professional valuation. We will arrange this for you.
- You may have to pay fees such as legal charges, which are not paid through us.
- You must have adequate buildings insurance in place on your property. You do not have to arrange this through us.
- For full details on charges please see our Tariff of Mortgage Charges.