- Things you should know about Northern Bank Limited trading as Danske Bank
Our main business is to provide financial services in the form of a bank and to provide associated products and services.
Our registered office address is Donegall Square West, Belfast BT1 6JS. We are registered in Northern Ireland number R568.
Danske Bank is a trading name of Northern Bank Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Northern Bank Limited is entered in the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 122261.
We are a member of Danske Bank Group.
Our VAT Number is GB853759092.
- Good banking
We adhere to the FCA's Banking Conduct of Business (BCOBS) rules and guidance relating to:
- communications with banking customers and financial promotions;
- distance communications, including the requirements of the Distance Marketing Directive (DMD) and the E-commerce Directive;
- information to be communicated to banking customers, including appropriate information and statements of account;
- post sale requirements on prompt, efficient and fair service, moving accounts, and lost and dormant accounts; and
- cancellation, including the right to cancel and the effects of cancellation.
Please refer to the Moneyhelper website . The Money Advice Service leaflet is also available on request at any of our branches.
- What should you do if you have a dispute relating to your account?
We are committed to providing a high standard of customer service. However, if you are not satisfied with any aspect of your service, we have internal complaint handling procedures in place to deal with such concerns effectively and in the correct manner.
Please click here for a copy of our leaflet 'Putting things right for you'.
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Important information about compensation arrangements
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations.
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations.
Your eligible deposits with us are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the FSCS. Any deposits you hold above the £85,000 limit are unlikely to be covered. Please see the FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List .
Mortgage advising and arranging is covered up to a maximum limit of £50,000.
Most types of investment business are covered up to a maximum limit of £50,000.
Insurance advising and arranging is covered.
Protection is at 100% where claims:
- arise in respect of a liability subject to compulsory insurance; or
- arise in respect of a liability subject to professional indemnity insurance; or
- arise from the death or incapacity of the policyholder due to injury, sickness, or infirmity;
Protection is at 90% where claims arise under other types of policy with no upper limit.
For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please ask at your local branch, refer to the FSCS website or call 0800 6781100 or 020 7741 4100. Please note only compensation related queries should be directed to the FSCS.
- Telephone calls and website
Please note that we may record or monitor telephone calls in order to ensure security for our customers and our staff and to help maintain service quality.
This website may be temporarily unavailable during periods of maintenance.
- Further information on investment risk
The information detailed in the Investments section of this website is for illustration purposes only and is not an invitation or recommendation to buy or sell any investments or enter into any other transaction.
The information contained in the Investment section of this website does not provide legal, tax or other professional advice. You should obtain appropriate and specific legal, tax and professional advice before conducting any investment business.
The 'Details' section for each individual investment product contains the risk warnings which are applicable to that particular type of investment. We recommend that you read them. Please contact us if you require further details on the particular investment product or any of the risks associated with that investment product.
Money Advice Service
Standards of Lending Practice