- Valid passport
- Blue Parking Card if you have a disability
- Valid UK/ROI driving licence
- Translink Senior Smart Pass
- EEA Member State Identity Card
- DRD Half Fare Smart Pass
- Current Electoral Identity Card for Northern Ireland
We require documentation to confirm your identity
As part of these requirements, we need to ensure that we have satisfactory proof of your identity and residential address. We’ve tried to fulfil our obligations using the information we already hold however we weren’t successful and we have to ask you for additional information. We need you to send us one acceptable proof of identity and one acceptable proof of address. We’ve provided a list of acceptable documents below.
We must receive these documents within 30 days from your receipt of the first request from us.
This first request was sent by letter to the home address we hold for you.
If you are unable to provide documents from the list please contact us on 028 9004 9991.
How to send us your documents
Due to the current Government Coronavirus guidance and for your own convenience, we ask that you provide us with your documents online where possible, rather than visiting a branch.
Copies of documents submitted online must be in colour and fully legible.
There are three ways to submit your documents online:
- You can upload your documents securely on our website. Select the option for Customer Direct under Reason for uploading.
- If you have our Mobile Bank app you can upload documents securely through the messages function. This way, you can take a picture of the documents and send it to us all from within our app. Select messages, then the icon on the top right hand corner of the screen, then select other queries from the options provided and click on the paperclip to attach your documents. Watch the video below to see how.
- If you have eBanking, you can submit your documents using the Secure Mail facility by going to contact selecting new message from the drop list and clicking on upload file, you’ll need to have saved copies of your documents on your device before doing this.
Acceptable proof of Identity documents (one required)
Acceptable proof of address documents (one required)
- Utility bill issued within the last six months (e.g. water, gas, electricity, phone). Please note that we’re not able to accept mobile phone bills or store card statements.
- Recent Land and Property Services bill or notice, valid for the current year
- Valid UK driving licence (if you haven’t already used it as proof of identity)
- EEA Member State Identity Card (if you haven’t already used it as proof of identity)
- Recent evidence of entitlement to benefit, dated within the last six months (for example Social Security Agency, Child Tax Credit, Housing Executive benefits)
- Recent evidence of entitlement to State Pension, dated within the last six months
- Bank, building society or credit union statement issued within the last six months (we are not able to accept a Danske Bank bank statement or credit card statement)
Proof of Identity documents for minors (under 18 years old)
- Valid Passport
- Valid Full UK/ROI/EU Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
If you don’t send us your proof of identity and address documents
You have 30 days from our initial request to send us your documents, if we don't receive the documents requested, we may have to temporarily block your accounts but we will contact you again before doing so. A temporary block means your card will not work and payments to and from your account may be disrupted.
We hope you will understand this is a legal requirement that we must carry out, to ensure that we meet our legal and regulatory responsibilities and continue to provide our banking services to you.
Fraud Warning - Be Aware!
Please remember that only a criminal would ask you to reveal your PIN, a code from your eSafeID device, a code we might send you by text message or to approve a logon or transfer request using your Danske ID app. Danske Bank, the police or another legitimate organisation will never ask you to transfer money to another account for ‘security purposes’ or to keep your money safe, and will never ask you to download remote access software to gain access to your PC or mobile device. For further information on how to keep your information safe, please visit our fraud awareness page.
We're here to help
It is important that you provide us with the information we have requested. If you have any questions, or need support uploading your documents you can refer to our Help section, contact a member of our support team on 028 9004 9991, or call into your local branch.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this request may cause, we will do everything that we can to support you, so please contact one of our team on the number provided if you would like to discuss or need support.