About Danske Bank
Danske Bank is one of the largest banks in Northern Ireland and an autonomous subsidiary of Danske Bank Group. We’ve been helping people and businesses achieve their ambitions for over 200 years.
We are Danske Bank
Working for Danske Bank doesn’t stop at our doors. There are lots of opportunities for you to get involved in our community programmes, from supporting our charity partner to volunteering through Danske Time to Give.
You can read more about our community programmes below:
Building financial confidence in the next generation
We believe that if children and young people are encouraged and supported to learn about money from an early age, it will help them make better choices in life. Last year we helped educate over 4,600 students across Northern Ireland through our SMART programme.
Our current partnership with Action Mental Health includes fundraising, employee volunteering, education and training for staff and personal finance and fraud advice for those who use the charity’s services.
Sharing our time and expertise
Recognising the positive impact volunteering can have for employees and for local communities, our Danske Time to Give volunteering programme is there to encourage and support employees to share their time and expertise during working hours. We also support our staff who volunteer in their own time through our Danske Volunteer Grants programme.
Supporting local sport
We have a long history of supporting local sporting talent. Today, we are the biggest supporter of youth sport in Northern Ireland through our Danske Bank Ulster Schools’ GAA, Ulster Schools’ Cup Rugby and U18 Football Schools’ Cup sponsorships. We’re also proud to be the only brand in Europe to sponsor both men’s and women’s Premiership football.
Supporting equality, diversity and inclusion.
At Danske Bank we respect and value equality, diversity and inclusion and are committed to cultivating a workplace where all our employees can thrive. We do this through our range of family friendly policies, our Danske Women’s Network and our support of events like Belfast Pride.
What is the graduate programme?
The 24-month programme consists of rotations where you’ll learn the fundamentals of banking - be that personal banking, small business start-ups or the corporate banking world.
Along the way, you’ll gain valuable experience of our specialist areas, and there’s the potential for international exposure to our Danske Nordic network.
At the end of the 2 years, the focus on your development will continue as part of our business as usual Leadership Development strategy.
At Danske Bank, you will:
- Have a structured, challenging programme
- Gain professional banking qualifications
- Learn about banking from the grass roots up
- Experience the variety and diversity of our business through rotations in key business units
- Be given real responsibility early on... and be expected to deliver
At Danske Bank, we’ll help you develop and accelerate your career through challenging and meaningful work, a range of development activities and as part of a strong network of likeminded graduates.
At Danske Bank we recognise that your performance delivers our performance.
We’re offering a competitive package that matches the culture of ambition and high achievement that we foster.
What does it mean for you?
Quite a lot, actually.
Following our robust induction programme:
- You’ll be assigned a mentor to help you maximize your opportunities
- You’ll join a leadership skills development programme
- You’ll be part of a Graduate learning network
- You’ll have training on key business skills such as Project Management
Salary and Benefits
To begin with, right from the off, you’ll have a permanent contract and be on a salary of over £22,000 and on successful completion of the 2 year programme you could be earning over £30,000.
- Support for further education on our Danske Bank Professional Education Pathway
- Membership of the Danske Bank Employee Pension Plan - The Bank will contribute up to 10% of your salary
- Funded healthcare plan
- You’ll enjoy over 7 weeks’ holiday to begin with – rising to over 8 weeks’ on successful completion of the Graduate Programme.
- Discounts on Danske Bank UK financial products
- Perks – a benefits programme that entitles employees to over 1000 special offers and Discounts on retail goods and services
Once you’ve submitted your application to us, we’ll confirm by email that we’ve received it.
Shortly after the application deadline, we’ll contact you to let you know whether you’re being invited to participate in the next stage of the process.
Applications for our Graduate Programme have now closed. Please check back in September 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application.