- You are a new Danske Bank customer, with no existing business accounts with us.
- You are a Northern Ireland resident or have a trading address in Northern Ireland.
- You have a business turnover of £250,000 or below.
- You must agree to switch your main business current account in full to a Danske Bank Small Business Digital Account using the Current Account Switch Service (CASS) within 60 days of account opening.
- You are one of the following: a sole trader, partnership, limited company, unlimited company, limited partnership, or a limited liability partnership, all subject to status and eligibility.
- You must select a MasterCard Business Debit Card when opening this account.
- You must register for District, our online financial platform, when opening this account.
- Overdraft facilities are not available as part of this switching offer but you can discuss credit facilities with us once your account is open.
If you do not meet the criteria but would like to discuss our other business accounts, call us on 0345 850 9515.
Things you need to know
Fee free banking means that you won’t be charged for your transaction, maintenance fees and service charges on your Small Business Digital Account for 2 years from the date your account is opened. Please see fee table below for details. Any other fees and service charges will apply as normal.
All of our fees and service charges can be found in our Fees and Services Charges Explained brochure.
At the end of the 2 year period, you’ll be charged standard charges for your day-to-day business transactions.
In order to proceed with your switching request, we will require 3 months bank statements from you. These can be uploaded during the application process. We will be unable to proceed with the switch if these are not provided.
The offer only applies to registrations of interest received by 31 December 2023. You will still have 60 days from the date of account opening to complete your switch.
We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time. Other terms & conditions apply.
Start your journey:
Step 1: Review our Small Business Digital Account below and see if it’s right for you.
Step 2: Register your interest by completing our Small Business Digital Account form
Step 3: Once you’ve completed the necessary steps to open your account with us, you then must complete your switching agreement within 60 days and let the bank take care of the rest.
Danske Small Business Digital
A current account designed for customers who manage the majority of their finances through online banking.
|During fee free period||After fee free period|
|Lodgement Fee||Free||£1.10 per lodgement|
|Items lodged at cash drop||Free||50p per item|
|Cash lodged at cash drop*||Free||50p per £100|
|Items lodged at counter||Free||£1.60 per item|
|Cash lodged at counter*||Free||£1.60 per £100|
|Cheques Issued & manual debits||Free||£1.60 per item|
|Cash withdrawal at counter||Free||£1.10 per withdrawal|
|Cash paid out at counter||Free||£1.60 (per £100 paid out)|
|Cash Exchanged||Free||£1.60 per £100 exchanged|
|Mastercard Business Debit Card||Free||Free|
|Post Office Service||
*Reasonable usage limits apply- please see our terms and conditions for further details
** District may be temporarily unavailable when we are carrying out routine maintenance.
See our 'Fees and service charges explained – business accounts' leaflet for full details.
Products and Services included to help you manage your cashflow
Mastercard Business Debit Card
A secure and convenient way to make purchases or get cash anywhere in the world.
Find out more
This section contains the important information relating to your account.
- Terms and conditions - Business Accounts
- Fees and service charges explained – Business Accounts
- Fees and service charges explained – foreign payments
- Interest Rates
- Important information about Business Banking
- Terms and conditions - Fee Free Banking
Business Account Checklist -What you’ll need to open an account
Participating providers of UK business bank accounts have agreed to a basic set of information that they will need from you to set up your UK business current account. Find out what you’ll need to provide using the simple Business Account Checklist from UK Finance, the UK’s leading trade association for financial services.