Danske Bank UK has launched a Carbon Neutral Help to Buy Remortgage product range for homeowners who have availed of the Government’s Help to Buy Equity Loan Scheme.
There are three options, subject to terms and conditions, for brokers to offer help for homeowners approaching the end of their existing mortgage deal or five year interest free period.
The options include:
- Remortgaging and repaying all the equity loan - if applicants wish to exit the Help to Buy Scheme, they can remortgage their current property and increase the loan amount to pay off the entire equity loan. Danske can facilitate these applications on their standard Carbon Neutral Remortgage rates.
- Remortgaging and paying part of the equity loan - customers who wish to repay some of the equity loan can apply to remortgage their current property and increase the loan amount to repay some of the equity loan, known as ‘staircasing’. Danske can facilitate these applications on their Carbon Neutral Remortgage Help to Buy range.
- Remortgage and keeping the equity loan - customers seeking to remortgage and do not wish to repay their equity loan fully or partially. Applicants can apply to remortgage their existing mortgage and keep the equity loan as it is. Danske can facilitate these applications on their Carbon Neutral Remortgage Help to Buy range.
Danske Bank UK mortgages are available only through brokers registered with Mortgage Advice Bureau and for homes with an Energy Performance Certificate of A-C in the East of England, South West and South East including London.
Patrick Mullan, Head of GB Mortgages at Danske Bank UK said:
“When we made our Danske Carbon Neutral Mortgage available in England a year ago we said we would take a step by step approach to our product range. Our Help to Buy remortgage options are the next step in this journey and in helping more customers on their journey to own more sustainable homes”
Notes to editors:
- In order to remortgage applicants will need consent from Homes England.
- Terms and conditions apply. For T&Cs and more information visit danskebank.co.uk/intermediaries/england/home
- The Help to Buy government loan scheme was launched in 2013 to help first-time buyers get on the property ladder. With a 20% government loan, buyers could take out a 75% mortgage and needed only a 5% deposit.