Bank of England Base Rate
Our mortgage rates are not linked to Bank of England Base Rate.
Breakdown of Loan
For the purposes of completing the mortgage application we require specific information, this could be:
- House purchase, amount and source of deposit
- Remortgage, name of lender, balance outstanding, remaining term, type of repayment (not yet available in England - available January 2022)
- Moving Home, including details of existing mortgage and agreed sale price if applicable
- Any element of additional borrowing, including purpose
Change in Title
For existing Danske Bank mortgage customers wishing to make a Change in Title, please contact us.
Changes to Mortgage Application
Once the mortgage application has been made, if there are any changes to this application please contact us for further information. We may need you to create a new mortgage application.
If the applicant's original mortgage product has been withdrawn or changed, a new product must be selected.
Danske Follow-on Rate
Fixed Rate mortgages will automatically move to the Danske Follow-on Rate applicable to the loan at the end of the Fixed Rate period. Danske Follow-on Rate is a variable rate comprised of Danske Bank Reference Rate (UK) currently 0.10%, plus a margin of 3.20%.
Decision In Principle (DIP)
We conduct a soft search for all Decision in Principle applications (DIP).
Direct Debit Details
Direct Debit mandates will be required for all mortgage applications.
Early Repayment Charges
Early Repayment Charges only apply to our Fixed Rate mortgage products. An Early Repayment Charge (ERC) may apply if the customer repays the mortgage in part or in full, or transfers to one of our products during the fixed rate period.
The ERC is calculated as a percentage of the capital balance outstanding at the date of redemption. Customers may be able to overpay without ERC. Please refer to the customer’s mortgage illustration and offer documentation for full information regarding Overpayments and Early Repayment Charges. Their mortgage illustration or offer will detail any criteria around this.
For more information on Early Repayment Charges and Mortgage exit fees, please see our Tariff of Mortgage Charges section within the General Offer Conditions document.
Foreign Currency Mortgages
The bank only provides mortgages in sterling and income source must be sterling.
Higher Lending Charge (HLC)
We do not impose a Higher Lending Charge, regardless of Loan to Value.
Interest is calculated daily and charged quarterly in arrears.
Lending Limits / Loan to Value
Loan to value is based on the purchase price or valuation (whichever is the lower)
- Remortgages - Not yet available in England (coming January 2022)
- Max LTV 95%
- Max LTV New Builds 85%
- Max Loan £750k
- For Loans over £500k = Max LTV 80%
- Help to Buy Max LTV = 85%
- Help to Buy Max Equity Loan = 20%
- Minimum - £30k - our new mortgage customers
- Minimum - £10k - our existing mortgage customers repackaging
Applications where previous mortgages have been in arrears will not normally be considered, however please contact us for further information.
Overpayments & Lump Sum Payments
Fixed Rate Mortgages
Customer can make a lump sum overpayment during the Fixed Rate Period without incurring an Early Repayment Charge provided the overpayment:
- Is a maximum of 10% of the outstanding balance of your loan;
- Is made by way of a one off lump sum overpayment; and
- Is made once during any calendar year being the period from 1 January to 31 December.
In all other cases, the Early Repayment Charge referred to in the "Early Repayment" section of the mortgage illustration and offer will apply to any additional lump sum overpayment.
Please refer to the customer's mortgage illustration and offer documentation for full information regarding Overpayments and Early Repayment Charges.
Payment holidays are generally not permitted.
If a mortgage is portable it will be outlined in the customers current Mortgage Illustration and Mortgage Offer Document.
To port a mortgage:
The existing loan can be closed and the new loan opened on the same day, at which point we will waive the Early Repayment Charge on closure of the existing loan.
In cases where it is not possible to complete both loans on the same day:
- A new offer must be in place.
- The existing loan may be closed prior to the new loan being opened.
- The customer will be charged the Early Repayment Charge in full on closure of the existing loan. The ERC will be refunded if the new loan is drawn down within the offer period.
- The new loan can then be drawn down at any point during the Offer Period.
The customer will no longer be eligible for a refund of any Early Repayment Charge taken if:
- The loan is not completed within the Mortgage Offer Period.
- During the Offer Period, either we or the customer decide not to proceed with the offer a new mortgage.
Only the outstanding amount, remaining term, rate and fixed rate end date (if applicable) can be ported. Any additional borrowing required will be treated as a new mortgage.
You will be unable to correctly illustrate or submit an application for a Ported Mortgage using Danske Home. If you require any details for completing your own Mortgage Illustration you should contact us.
In order to progress an application you must:
Not yet available in England.
Proof of Deposit
We will require documentary evidence of any deposit, where it is not coming from the simultaneous sale of a borrower's existing property.
We can accept deposits provided by gift, please refer to the section 'Third Party Interest' for further information.
We do not normally accept deposits provided by loans, however please contact us for further information.
The standard security will be the property subject to purchase / remortgage. Additional Security may be required.
To help us process your application, please use the link below to check that your client’s solicitor/licensed conveyancer is on our panel. If the appointed solicitor is not on our panel, we will be unable to progress with the mortgage application, as we do not accept dual representation cases.
Our solicitor panel is subject to change, and is managed through LMS. Any solicitor wishing to apply to be on our panel can do so through LMS.
Third Party Interest
Where a third party interest is identified the Bank will need to be satisfied this is captured. Please contact us for further information if required.
Tracker Home Loan
Not available in England.