Not available in England.
Help to Buy
We will only consider applications that are part of the Government's Help to Buy: Equity loan scheme. The applicant must meet the eligibility rules for the Help to Buy: equity loan scheme and our standard lending criteria.
We accept purchase applications on new build properties for the Help to Buy: Equity loan scheme in England only. (Available in East of England, South West and South East including London.
Please ensure your application meets the requirements for the Help to Buy scheme.
Applicants will first need to apply for the equity loan through a Help to Buy Agent in their region and will require an 'Authority to Proceed' in advance of making the mortgage application.
As part of the affordability assessment 3% of the equity loan will be included as a commitment.
If leasehold, the property should have an unexpired term of more than 85 years at application. Where the remaining leasehold is less than 85 years, please contact us before submitting an application.
We accept applications for New Build properties. We define a New Build as a property that has been built/converted within the previous 2 years.
Max New Build LTV 90%
Max New Build Flat/Apartment LTV 85%
Help to Buy
We will accept applications that are part of the Government's Help to Buy: Equity loan scheme within our eligible regions, East of England, South West and South East including London.
When a new property is built, the developer will provide a guarantee to ensure the building has been constructed to a standard set by the warranty provider. This is to ensure that any issues related to the property post-completion are covered by an insurance policy.
Acceptable Warranty schemes
Properties less than 10 years old should be covered by one of the following guarantees:
- Ark Insurance Group Limited – Latent Defects Insurance
- Global Home Warranties Limited
- International Construction Warranties (ICW)
- NHBC certificate
- Premier Guarantee
- Zurich Municipal Policy - (note that although no longer providing new scheme warranties, as at December 2015, this provider was supporting existing schemes, some of which include unsold property, so a new warranty may still commence in the current year on first sale). The warranty book has now been sold to Armour Risk Management (March 2018).
- Architect/Surveyor (Professional Consultant) Certificate - acceptable qualifications and indemnity cover are checked by the solicitor in accordance with the UK Finance Mortgage Lenders' Handbook.
Builder's cash incentives
Any incentive will be disclosed in the UK Finance Inventive Disclosure form which is required for all new builds.
Builder's cash incentives include but are not limited to deposit contribution, cash-back, contribution to legal fees/ stamp duty etc:
These will typically be acceptable on the following basis:
- The maximum amount of any builder's cash incentive is capped at 5% of the lower of the full purchase price or valuation
- A maximum of 5% of the full purchase price (or valuation if lower) can therefore be funded by a builder's cash incentive with the remaining deposit being sourced from the applicant's own funds
- The deposit/cashback does not have to be repaid and the builder does not intend to register a charge against the property
** Please note that builders cash back is not accepted to fund the deposit on Help to Buy Equity Loan Scheme applications.
We will only accept applications for properties with an EPC* rating of A-C. We do not currently accept applications for 1 bedroom or studio Flats or apartments.
The property must be located within our chosen pilot regions: East of England, South West and South East including London. View a full list of acceptable property postal codes below.Acceptable Property Postal Codes
* An EPC is required when a property is built, sold or rented. It gives a property a rating from A or 100 (most efficient) to G or 0 (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.
You may be able to find a property’s rating on the UK Government's Find an energy certificate page (GOV.UK).
If a property has never had an EPC rating, or it has expired, you need to book a property assessment (GOV.UK) to get a new Energy Performance Certificate.
There may be a cost associated with obtaining an EPC.
New-build homes will have a Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA) before they’re finished. This should be available from the builder or estate agent.
PEAs will be accepted for homes not yet completed.
Not available in England.
A Professional Valuation is mandatory for all purchase and remortgage (switcher) applications. If the customer is an existing Danske Bank mortgage customer switching products, they will not normally require a professional valuation. The bank will appoint a valuer who will undertake the valuation. Please contact us if a client would prefer / requires the following:
- Home Buyers Report
- Full Structural Survey