Good to know
- You can pay in and withdraw your money at any of our branches
- You can also access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using eBanking, our apps or 24 Hour Telephone Banking
- Choose to have your interest paid monthly or annually
- Withdraw your money whenever you need it
- You can pay in as much as you like, whenever you like
Need to know
- Exclusively for personal customers aged over 50 (although you may hold the account jointly with someone who is under 50)
- You can open the account with a minimum of £1. There is no maximum balance
Please review the summary box below which contains all of the information you need to know before applying for a Danske Midas account.
|Balance||Gross/AER (monthly interest)||Gross/AER (yearly interest)|
|£2,000 - £4,999||0.50%||0.50%|
|£5,000 - £9,999||0.50%||0.50%|
|£10,000 - £24,999||0.50%||0.50%|
|£25,000 - £99,999||0.50%||0.50%|
|£100,000 - £249,999||0.50%||0.50%|
|£250,000 and over||0.50%||0.50%|
- Interest is paid on a tiered basis, which means you will earn one rate on your entire account balance. That rate depends on the total balance.
- You have a choice of having your interest paid monthly or yearly. Interest is calculated on a daily basis on the cleared credit balance on your account and applied at the end of each month (monthly interest) or at the end of October (yearly interest).
|Initial deposit at account opening||Estimated interest earned after 12 months||Estimated balance after 12 months|
These estimates are for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account your individual circumstances.
The estimates assume that:
- no further deposits or withdrawals are made;
- there is no change to the interest rate and tiers; and
- interest is added to the account at the end of each month (monthly interest) or at the end of the 12 month period (yearly interest).
Want to change from your existing instant access savings account?
If you’d like to change over an instant access Danske savings account (excludes Danske Cash ISA) to a Danske Midas account, please apply online, call our dedicated Midas account opening team or call into your local branch.
If the account you wish to change is a SaverPlus account, and you have a debit card linked to this account, this card will be cancelled. Advisers on our Midas Account Opening line can talk you through the things you need to consider before we change your account and cancel your card such as making alternative arrangements for any continuous payments (linked to the card) that you have set up (e.g. Sky subscription) as they’ll also be cancelled.
This account is not suitable for day-to-day banking.
We’ll send you a statement at least every six months. If you use eBanking, you can ask us to make these statements available electronically instead of sending you paper copies.
How savings are taxed depends on your individual circumstances and may change in the future.
Danske eBanking and 24 Hour Telephone Banking may be temporarily unavailable when we carry out routine maintenance